Connaught Red Star 1 - 8 Tiptree Heath FC

March 10, 2018 - 2:30 pm at Recreation Ground 1, School Lane, Lawford, Essex CO11 2HZ

For official Border League match reports, please click here.





TIptree Heath continued their fine form with a resounding 1-8 victory over Connaught Red Star which sees them through to the semi final to face another local team in Tollesbury.


Heath began the first half as the sharper team and quickly settled into playing accurate and measured passing of the ball and it was not long before Cam Ward provided a quick ball forward from within the Heath half for Charlie Green who delivered a ball across the face of goal to the unmarked Joe Chester to tuck in easily for 0-1 early on. Heath continued to get balls into the box with regularity by way of Ryan Scillitoe on the left, one such delivery had Chesney narrowly heading over the bar Chesney himself then provided a cross in from the right where the keeper spilled the ball with Connaught clearing the danger. Connaught were kept largely at bay no doubt due to the dynamic midfield trio of Chesney Chester and Hawkins, if they weren’t stretching limbs to win back possession they were spreading the ball into wide areas and creating phase after phase of attacking football. after one such period of play It was then Charlie Green who tapped in for 0-2 after the keeper spilled another ball from a low Chesney Cross in from the right.
Cam Ward turned provider soon after as he beat the keeper to a loose ball out wide in the box area, with the keeper stranded Ward crossed the ball in low and Charlie Green got the decisive touch whilst at full stretch and being challenged by a Connaught defender.
Cam Ward then hit the underside of the crossbar, the ball was duly cleared and fell into midfield where Connaught took advantage of Paddy Hawkins being off his line and subsequently shot from distance to make it 1-3 before it was Half time.


Connaught then raised their game for the second half, Heath responded in kind and duly soaked up the early pressure before Cam Ward split the defense by slipping a delightful feigned pass to Charlie Green who stole into the box where he deftly avoided challenges to ram the ball home from close range for 1-4. Green then provided a swift pass into Max Hawkins as he arrived into the box at pace to glance the ball off his right boot where the ball snuck inside the right post for 1-5. Connaughts star was all but burnt out by now as Ryan Jones having come off the bench collected a neat through ball to coolly slot home in composed fashion. Green added number 7 from close range before Cam Ward had a shot saved, duly collected the loose ball in the box and after calmly weighing up his options he again sought out that fox in the box Charlie Green to score his 5 Th goal of the game to make it 1-8.
This was another all round decent performance by the Heath, largely untroubled by a side that shone that much brighter last season. Substitutes Jones, Hart and Newman made their own mark on the game, Paddy Hawkins was in typical assertive mood with safe hands as usual.
Another local derby is now on the cards as they look forward to what should prove an enticing encounter against Tollesbury First.